Grow Green Chillies At Home.
Growing green chillies at home is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose the right spot: Green chillies need a lot of sunlight and warmth to grow properly, so choose a sunny spot in your garden or balcony where they can receive at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day.
- Prepare the soil: Green chillies prefer well-drained, fertile soil with a pH of around 6.5 to 7.0. Mix compost or manure with the soil to enrich it and improve its drainage.
- Plant the seeds: Sow the seeds directly into the soil, about 1 cm deep, and space them about 20-30 cm apart. Water the seeds gently to avoid disturbing them.
- Water regularly: Green chillies require regular watering, especially during hot and dry weather. Water them deeply once or twice a week, depending on the weather conditions.
- Fertilize: Feed your chillies with a balanced fertilizer every 2-3 weeks to promote healthy growth and fruit production.
- Control pests: Keep an eye out for pests like aphids, mites, and whiteflies, which can damage the plants. You can use organic pest control methods like neem oil or insecticidal soap to control them.
- Harvest the chillies: Green chillies usually take about 60-90 days to mature, depending on the variety. Pick the chillies when they are fully grown and green in color. Leaving them on the plant for too long can cause them to turn red and lose their flavor.
By following these steps, you should be able to grow healthy and flavorful green chillies at home.